Before we embark on these fitness tips for women, you should know that physical inactivity is the leading cause of approximately 25% of breast and colon cancers, 27% of cases of diabetes and about 30% of the burden of ischemic heart disease.
Years are not only noticed in wrinkles, vitality, wisdom or the amount in your savings account. It is after 30 years when the downhill begins for women if you do nothing to take care of yourself. At this age, you will begin to accumulate kilos without noticing it.
All this becomes possible due to the slowdown in metabolism, which means that you may be burning 300 calories less than when you were 20 years old.
For men at this age, you are already producing less testosterone for building muscles, while the ladies generate less estrogen. It is even more difficult for the ladies to lose weight since their muscle-fat ratio is worse than that of their male counterparts.
But all this does not mean that losing weight at 30+ is impossible; quite the opposite, really. With a specific routine, a little discipline and some smart tricks, you can get rid of your belly fat and recover the body you had long ago.”Fitness Tips For Women In Their 30s, 40s, and 50s”
The Big Dilemma about fitness for women:
One may ask, how do I start engaging in sports and physical fitness when there are muscles in my body that I don’t even remember how they move?
Laziness, lack of habit, lack of planning, inability to take time, etc … All these factors play a big role when you consider starting an exercise routine. However, our first mistake is the mental self-sabotage to which we submit.
Establishing a healthy exercise routine begins by being mentally prepared. Adding challenges little by little and being consistent is another key.
Improving physical performance comes when we are already on the road, and the results are the reward.
Well, take note of these tips:
This first step is of vital importance. The advice is to prepare a calendar plan in hand, reserving day and time to accomplish the tasks in your routine. Try to always do it at the same time and on the same days of the week (within what your daily chores allow), as this is the key to it becoming a habit.
Trust me; crossing out the days on the calendar will feel like a reward and a tangible mark that you have met the goal. You need to maintain progressivity in intensity, duration, and frequency. You also have to combine impact activities and low impact activities.
Start Little By Little
Three days a week is a good start. By increasing the pace after 15 or 20 days, you will begin to notice that you feel different.
And not only will you start to love the endorphins that your body secretes (and that will make you feel great), your body will begin to respond. You will get less tired in your daily life, and your muscles will begin to respond better.
Then it is time to incorporate new exercises and increase the number of repetitions and intensity of those you already master.
Do Strength Exercises
It is often thought that cardiovascular exercises burn calories and that strength training develops muscles. That is true, up to a point. Aerobic exercise is ideal for the heart; it increases lung capacity and decreases stress. However, that does not mean you should do it exclusively, ignoring the benefits of strength training.
Loss of muscle mass contributes to slower and compromised metabolism, but muscle mass should be maintained and accumulated, especially as we age.
Hoping to achieve fitness for women? Strength training a couple of times a week is enough to reverse the loss of muscle mass. Not only that, but it has also been shown that strength training:
- reduces stress levels and improves cognitive abilities,
- It protects against bone loss and reduces the risks of type 2 diabetes, cancer, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
The Nutritional Side of Fitness for Women
A decade ago, you could probably get away with eating whatever you wanted so long as you go to the gym a couple of times a week. But that doesn’t work anymore, friend.
While exercise is essential, 30 minutes of hard cardio will burn a few hundred calories, at most, and is not enough to make up for a single cheeseburger.
In addition to that, exercise may increase your appetite, and there is evidence that sometimes some people eat too much afterward. In this scenario, the gym reverses your weight loss plan.
Following a healthy diet is usually easier than following an intense exercise regimen. So give yourself a little break and worry about what’s on your plate.
Remember The Following Nutritional Tips:
Fiber works great when it comes to keeping weight low. Fiber-rich foods tend to be more abundant, and you are likely to eat less and be satisfied for longer.
The advice is for men to consume an average of 38 grams of fiber per day; for women consume 25 grams per day. Beans, nuts, whole grains, and brown rice are good sources for this.
Take The Right Protein
Of course, not all proteins are equally good for you. Most men think that ‘protein’ means a large steak. It can contain a lot of protein, but a steak also has a lot of fat. You should prepare meals around healthier protein sources like lean turkey, chicken, salmon, and vegetables. Protein bars or powder may be good options, but should not be sweetened.
8 Tips For General Fitness for Women
- At the beginning, it is important to perform a specific warm-up exercise, and at the end, it is essential to stretch to prevent injuries to all important muscle groups.
- Avoid physical activities in high heat conditions, especially if the humidity is high, or there is intense cold.
- Do not exercise during or on the days you are sick or have an infection.
- It is important to perform regular dental check-ups to verify good oral health.
- We must have adequate, comfortable, safe and quality sports and exercising equipment.
- Take care of food and hydration, since they must be appropriate to the activity that is carried out.
- Do not drink anything at midnight. Taking off those night hydrates will really help you lose weight. That energy of the carbohydrates that you have ingested at that odd time will not be used, and most likely it will become body fat since your body is also slowing down at the end of the day, which makes it less likely to burn.
- Be careful with the fruits. Even fruits with plenty of sugar can contribute to excess weight or fat on the waist as we age, so it is better to limit yourself to a small daily amount. “Fitness Tips For Women In Their 30s, 40s, and 50s”
Increasing physical activity at maturity brings benefits such as:
1. Improving the quality of life, both physically and psychically.
2. Help improve nutrition, maintain proper weight and prevent obesity.
3. Promote the prevention and elimination of toxic habits such as smoking.
4. Reduce blood pressure.
5. Help alleviate anxiety, depression, and stress.
6. Improve self-esteem.
7. Prevent the elevation of glucose levels and reduce the need for insulin in diabetics.
8. Increase levels of HDL (good) cholesterol and reduce the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and triglycerides.
9. Improve sleep quality, agility, reflexes, aerobic endurance, muscle strength, speed, joint mobility, or the immune system.
“Fitness Tips For Women In Their 30s, 40s, and 50s”