Do you have a windows 10 laptop that gives a ‘no signal’ response whenever you want to connect it to your tv HDMI? If yes, this article will explain in detail what you can do to fix the laptop to tv HDMI no signal.
HDMI is the most frequently used HD signal for transferring both high-definition audio and video over a single cable from your laptop to your television. In fact, it is the most used cable in homes that connects devices such as digital TV, DVD player, Xbox, BluRay player, Playstation, and AppleTV with the television.
So, below are 3 things to do if your laptop won’t connect to your tv HDMI on windows 10. You don’t necessarily have to try them all; the first or second step might just be what you need to do to get everything working again.
READ ALSO: HDMI Port Not Working On Laptop ? [Here’s How To Fix And Enable HDMI Port On Computer]
laptop to tv HDMI no signal
3 things to do if your laptop won’t connect to tv HDMI on windows 10
- Restart and reconnect your devices
- Configure your Display Settings
- Update available drivers
1: Restart and reconnect your devices
The root of the problem might be caused by the hardware connection. Therefore, you should make sure that the hardware components (including the HDMI ports and cables) are working properly, then reconnect. To do this, follow the steps below;
- Disconnect all your HDMI cables from your ports.
- Power off or shut down all your devices completely (including your laptop, monitor, and TV) and unplug their power cables (as well as a battery if you are using a laptop).
- Leave them off for five minutes.
- Plug the power cables (and the battery) back in.
- Connect the HDMI cables back to your devices.
- Power on the devices.
- Finally, check and see if your laptop to TV by HDMI now works.
2: Configure your Display Settings
If the issue isn’t a hardware issue as you’ve seen how to resolve above, the next area to check it is your laptop’s display settings. When HDMI from your laptop to TV doesn’t work, one of the possible reasons could be the incorrect display settings on your laptop. So it’s worth checking your laptop’s display settings:
It’s quite simple to check your computer display settings. To do this, press the Windows logo key and P on your keyboard at the same time. A list of display modes will appear.
The difference between each mode is as follows:
PC screen/Computer only MEANS to use only the first monitor.
Duplicate MEANS to display the same content on both monitors.
Extend MEANS to use both monitors to display an extended desktop.
Second screen/Projector only MEANS using only the second monitor.
Now what you have to do is experiment with each mode and select the option that is the best match for what you want. If all your display settings are correct, then you will be able to see images on the screen connected via HDMI.
3: Update available drivers
If a device driver is missing or outdated in your laptop, it can stop the HDMI from your laptop to TV from working, especially your graphics card driver and USB driver. To decrease the possibility of it being the cause for your laptop not connecting to your tv HDMI on Windows 10, you should update your device drivers to the latest version.
To update your device drivers, There are two ways to do it: manually and automatically.
Manual driver update – You simply have to go to the manufacturer’s website, find your hardware device driver and download the latest version. Then manually install it on your computer. Ensure you download the one that is compatible with your Windows OS. This requires time and computer skills.
Automatic driver update – the Driver Easy is very useful if you don’t have the time or patience to update the drivers manually.
When you install Driver Easy on your windows 10, it will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it.
You can easily update your drivers automatically with either the Driver Easy’s FREE or Pro version. If you choose the Pro version it takes only 2 clicks (you’ll also get full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee if it doesn’t suit you):
How to update your laptop drivers with Driver Easy
- Download and install Driver Easy.
- Open Driver Easy and click Scan Now. The Driver Easy program will then scan the problem drivers on your computer.
- To automatically download the correct version of their driver (you can do this with the FREE version, click the Update button next to the flagged device. After that, install it on your computer.
- Or you can still click Update All. This will automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system (however, this requires the Pro version – you’ll be prompted to upgrade when you click Update All).
- When you’re done, restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- Finally, connect your TV to your laptop via HDMI and see if it working.
SO all the steps detailed above are what you need to do to fix the laptop to tv HDMI no signal.