Ever wonder what the emojis next your friends’ names are for Snapchat? There are many emojis available that can represent different aspects of your relationship with another user. The yellow heart emoji is one of the most sought-after spots on Snapchat. It signifies the #1 best friend position. This is when you are the #1 best friend of the user, and they are the #1 best friend with you. This heart is earned by exchanging the most snap messages between you.
The yellow heart represents the first 2 weeks of being #1 best friend with a user. The heart turns red if you’re still best friends after two weeks. Snapchat is a popular social media platform among generation Z. Keep reading to learn more about Snapchat and the meanings of emojis.
How do you get the Snapchat Yellow Heart?
Sending each other many snapchats is the best way to share the yellow heart. This must be done with each other more than with others. If you snapchat with a lot of people, it can make it harder to earn the yellow heart. Because there are so many people to compete with, it will take you longer to become best friends. However, it is possible to share a yellow heart emoticon with someone if you snap them as many times as possible.
Do You Want to Share the Snapchat Yellow Heart With Multiple People?
It is impossible to share a yellow heart with more people than one. This emoji is very special and requires effort to obtain and maintain. The yellow heart is still easier than other friend emojis such as the pink or red heart. You can have the yellow heart with another user if you don’t like the one you are currently with. Instead, snapchat the person you prefer to be best friends with.
What is the Snapchat Yellow Heart?
Snapchat’s yellow heart can only be shared with one person. The yellow heart is used to signify best friend status. It can only be shared with the person who snaps the most, and the person who snaps the most. The yellow heart is the first step to gaining more difficult friendship emoticons like the pink or red heart. This gives you insight into who your best friend on Snapchat is.
Snapchat Emoji Meanings
The name of the snapchat user will be displayed next to the emojis. The meanings of Snapchat emojis will indicate the type and length of the relationship. It is essential to understand how Snapchat works and the influencer marketing opportunities available on it if you are to succeed in Snapchat marketing. Here’s a guide that explains the meanings of Snapchat’s many emojis.
- Congratulations! This means you are friends on Snapchat with this person. You are also their best friend. This person sends you the most photos and you send them the most. This is also known as the besties Emoji.
- Red Heart – This is the next step up from the yellow one. This means you have been best friends for at least two weeks with the person and have kept that status. Snapchat’s red heart can be used until the user is no longer best friends, or for two months. Also known as the BFF Emoji, the red heart can be found on Snapchat.
- Pink Hearts – This is the last level of best friend status for Snapchat. These hearts indicate that you and the person in question have been best friends for at least two months. This is a sign of a high level Snapchat commitment that requires effort to keep. The pink heart is the highest level of friendship, so you’ve reached a significant milestone. This is also known as the super BFF Emoji.
See Also: How To Delete Your POF Account
- Grimace Face – This Emoji signifies that your #1 friend is also their #1 friend. You can both snap the same person most often.
- Smiley Face – This means the person you’re snapchatting with is another best friend. Although they may not be your best friend, they are still very important.
- Sunglasses Face Emoji – This emoji is next to a friend’s names and indicates that you share a best buddy. This does not necessarily mean that you are best friends with the #1 spot, but rather someone who snaps frequently. This is often seen in people who share the same circle of friends.
- Baby Face – This one is just like a baby and disappears after a few weeks. This is a sign of a new Snapchat friendship.
- Fire – Many people don’t even use Snapchat but have heard of snap streak. This emoji displays how many consecutive snapchats you have had with the user. The snap streak and flame will disappear if neither you nor the user snapchat for more than twenty-four hours. If this happens, then you’ll need to start the streak again from the beginning. Contact Snapchat support to get the streak back.
- Hourglass – This signifies that your snapstreak is nearing its end. If you spot this near one of your snap streaks then it is time to get snapping. Feel free to send a snap.
- One Hundred – This emoji is the same as the fire emoji. It means that you and another user can have a snap streak for 100 days. This emoji will only be available for one day.
- Birthday Cake – This is the user’s birthday cake. Snapchat places this here so that friends can wish the user a happy birthday using snapchat.
- Zodiac Emojis are – Although it’s not displayed next to the user name, it’s shown under the profile. It depends on which birthday the user has entered in the app. It displays the zodiac sign and gives some additional information.
Snapchat Has So Many Emoji Meanings
Snapchat emojis are used to signify and categorize relationships between users. These emojis encourage people to use Snapchat more often, and increase their number of messages. This goal allows users to get a Snapchat yellow heart first, then a red heart and finally a pink heart. Friends can work together to achieve these friendship emojis.
The snap streak is another Snapchat emoji, which encourages users to snap together constantly. It is represented by the fire Emoji. Snap streaks appear after three days of snapchatting and have a fire emoticon that shows the number of days each person has spent snapping. Other emojis display information such as mutual friends, best friends, and other aspects. Snapchat emojis can help you determine your relationship with other users and friends, as well as how long you’ve been snapchatting with another person.
When did Snapchat introduce the Emoji Functions to its users?
Snapchat introduced the emojis on April 2015. Prior to that, everyone could see a list of your three closest friends. Since then, the meanings of the Emojis have been updated. In 2014, Snapchat added another feature to its platform, the geofilter. Click on any user to see the snaps they have taken the most. The difference with emojis, however, is that they are only visible to the people involved. The meanings of the emojis are more extensive than those in the previous best friend list.
Snapchat removed the public list of best friend’s friends because it raised privacy concerns. Due to their public nature, these lists are not private and can be hidden. This created awkward situations among people. This is why emojis and private best friend lists were created. Your best friend list is now private and you can add up to eight people to it. These privacy concerns are gone as the emojis only show information about friendships to those who use them.
Customizing Your Friend Emojis
Did you know that you can change the default options? You can modify the meaning of the emojis to make them more personal. Snapchat allows you to show your best friend a balloon, instead of a Snapchat yellow heart.
Instructions for customizing iOS/iPhones
- Visit my profile
- Click the settings icon at the top right corner
- Scroll down for additional services
- Click manage
- Select friend emojis
- You can customize your emojis to reflect whatever you want
Android Customization Instructions
- Visit my profile
- Click the Settings icon
- Select customize emojis
- Customize your friend emojis